Subject: Re: DELQA messages..
To: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/16/1998 10:20:22
> > > Wild guess based on _no_ factual code knowledge here! Feel free
> > > to beat me senseless for spouting nonsense..
> >
> > Likewise. The exact number skipped differs from time to time, but it
> > always looks like an ascending series of numbers. The highest I've seen is
> > 14 I think.
>
> And then it 'wraps' again un my case.

Me too.

> > I was thinking that it might have something to do with SQL, or possibly
> > what transciever you are using.
>
> That's an option indeed.. I'm using an Allied Telesyn 10Base2 transceiver
> _with_ SQE enabled. Is the DELQA an 'Ethernet' device or IEEE-802.3 compliant?
> In the first case SQE should be disabled..
>
> I'll try disabling the SQE to see if that has any effect.

I think I tried both ways on my transciever without success, but I'm not
sure.

For the record, I'm using a CentreCOM 10BaseT transciever now, and have
previously used a CentreCOM 10Base2.

I'm also using one DELQA to a DELNI, and I believe I had the problem
previously, but it seems to have become quiet now.

I'm not sure what the DELQA is, but I know that DEC OSes talk both
Ethernet and 802.3 if you care to (atleast RSX does).

Anybody else sometime get a nonexistant memory error on the ethernet?

	Johnny