Subject: Re: VS3100 connection to VT420
To: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/15/1998 20:07:12
On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, David Evans wrote:
> David Brownlee wrote:

> > 	Beautiful... My KA42-B is now talking to me :)

Congratulations, and may your installation of NetBSD be painless.

> Now just so I understand this, a KA42-A is a M30 (2.8 VUPs) while a KA42-B is
> a M38 (3.8 VUPs), right?

Early last summer someone posted a fairly complete list of the power on
designations and their corresponding machine types.  I'll see if I can
find it.  The KA42-B is the VAXstation 3100/M38 and the KA42-A is the
VAXstation 3100/M30.   There are also VAXstation 3100 models M48 and M40
which are no different from the M38 and M30 respectively apart from having
taller enclosures to accomodate a greater number of drives.  I don't know
if they have the same CPU designations though.

-brian.
---