Subject: Re: VT340?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/15/1998 10:22:57
<> I am looking for some general specs on a VT340.  If someone knows any o
<> of the specs for these monitors/terminals could you please post it?

Color terminal with DEC standard terminal functionality for
Vt52/100/220/241/3xx series.  That means it supports ANSI, DEC private
ANSI extensions, Vt52 emulation and character cell/REGIS/SIXIL graphics.

The IO arrangement supports RS423(mmj) and RS232(DB25P).  It is
multisession ready via two serial lines or muxed serial on one line
(vms and terminal servers support this).  This allows switching between
two virtual terminals.  If the systems do not support multisession you can
still use any combination of the two connectors and connect to two
physical systems and switch between them.

<pack has "VT330/VT340 V1.1" printed on it.  The VT340 I've got was made i
<1987.

That would be an old nearly V1 model.  Mine happens to be v2.4.

<The tube on mine's a bit fuzzy as well as a bit dark. That's with the
<brightness and contrast turned all the way up. I don't know if that's a
<trait with these terminals or not.

It isn't, mine is quite bright but misadjustment or age may have dulled
that one.

Of the color terminals it was one of the best and the VT330 was a good
monochrome version of same.  It's biggest feature is extensive setup
screens for most every parameter imaginable for each of the two possible
sessions.

Allison