Subject: Re: ae problems w/Farallon EtherMac
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/1998 14:41:48
> > qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping 13
> > qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping 9
> >
> Those messages only shows up on DEQNA cards. I have never gotten it on

Hmm.. I'm pretty sure I have a DELQA card in my 3600 and I get these
messages all the time.

Have to check, but I'm almost sure..

> DELQA myself but I have heard about other people that have got it.

*AOL MODE*

Me too

*AOL MODE off*

The strange thing is that it  also happens on a totally quiet ethernet.
The 'pattern' I'm seeing in that case is something like this:

qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping 1
qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping 2
qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping 4
qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping 5
qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping 9
qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping 10
.
.
.

As if something is not keeping track of some buffer-pointer..

Wild guess based on _no_ factual code knowledge here! Feel free
to beat me senseless for spouting nonsense..

							Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,