Subject: Re: VS3100 memory quirk
To: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/13/1998 21:51:41
	The network controller on the VS3100 can only access 16MB of
	memory (the first 16MB in the machine). I believe NetBSD maps the
	buffers for the card at the top of memory, which obviously causes
	problems for machines with more than 16MB.

	The problem is solvable in software, but I would assume none of
	the developers with VS3100s had more than 16MB in their machines
	:)

		David

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Paul Apprich wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 20:36:41 -0500 (EST)
> From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
> To: port-vax@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: VS3100 memory quirk
>

> 	Why is it that there is a limit on how much memory installed on a
> vs3100? Having to remove memory for something to work is alien to me!
>
> Paul Apprich

		David/abs

   _.oXo._   Too complex to explain, too simplistic to admit.   _.oXo._