Subject: I want to be unstrung!
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/11/1998 16:20:57
Well, I am gonna try to attempt to set up a vax to boot all on its own.
Up until now I have been using NFS nearly exclusivly for all my data on
my VS3100m30's.  I've got one I want to try to make 'stand alone'.

Heres what I think I know so far (please slap me if I am wrong).

#1 - a VS3100m30 with its broken PIO SCSI support will self boot
#2 - it will be somewhat like the FAQ says
#3 - I can use the same 'PIO Broken' kernel I have been using up until
now netbooting.
#4 - I wish I had a VS3100m76 (repeat several times per hour)
#5 - there might be fixed SCSI support for the VS3100m30 someday?
#6 - the bootcommand is "b/5 hda100" (or whatever drive)
#7 - Am I nuts for trying this?

Thanks
Jacob Suter