Subject: Re: Can't NetBoot MV3100m20
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/1998 17:00:11
On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, ^orpur Ivarsson wrote:

> I was wondering if you could help me out? I have MicroVAX3100m20 and I
> am trying to get NetBSD running on it. I was told that m20 is just
> slower CPU than m30/40 so it should boot like m30 model. But it does not
> work, the netbooting does work how ever but it stops when kernel has
> been loaded.

You're not forgotten on this one, I'm just trying to figure out the best
course of action here.  One thing to clarify:  The MicroVAX 3100
M30/40 is not the same as the VAXstation M30/40.  From what I understand
the MicroVAX M10/20 and M10e/M20e are closer to the supported VAXstations
in their underlying architecture.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ragge! Bertram!  Either of you got a MicroVAX 3100/M20 lying around?  I
think we're very close to being able to netboot them.  I'm half tempted to
call up my VAXen source out here to see if they've got one handy so I can
replicate your problem.

> -ESA0
> Nboot
> : /netbsd
> le_softc.sc_r2 = 0x3a0000
> device: le0 attached to 08:00:2b:25:2e:1a
> boot: client IP address: 192.168.255.3
> boot: client name: vax
> root addr=192.168.255.1 path=/home/netbsd-vax
> 683008+35840+70760 start 0x9a1fc
>
> It stops at this point but after this it does request the swap file and
> xperfmon shows short activity on nfs.

I've got you in my unresolved problem queue.  I'll see if I can't come up
with anything by sometime next week.

-brian.
---