Subject: Re: Got It (VAX8200)
To: James Robinson <jrobinson@stisierra.com>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/08/1998 23:17:45
We (my roomie and I) just moved a CM5 scale 3 today.  No way it would fit
in a rabbit (or my 280Z).  (@ 1500lbs it required a large truck with a
lift gate.)

Speaking of big hardware, anyone interested in the following?

TA79 - in cabinet
	 Model# TA79-BF R-A
	Serial# SP74750867

DECarray cabinet
	 Model# SA900-xA
	Serial# CX21701945

	(1 RA72 in a duplex enclosure)

VAX6250 (I believe)

	 Model# H9657-CA
	Serial# AG212VUFB0

	contents yet as unknown (but I'll check the individual boards)

This is 3 fairly hefty sized cabinets, wider than a normal 19" rack
cabinet, but not quite as tall.

Also, what could be a complete Grey Wall in boxes.

These items are part of a lot that I plan to place a bid on (and suspect
that I will get) but will be unable to use.  If I leave them on the
willing to pick them up.  (College Park, MD)

Email if interested.

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, James Robinson wrote:
> I also put a  Vax 730 in a VW Rabbit...
> and then there was that TS-11 tape unit went in ok,getting it out was an
> other story..........
>
> PS. A 750 DOES NOT FIT!!! ;-(

> >Sounds like it'd make a good commercial:
> >
> >Nerds drive around in Golf.
> >Nerds see VAX sitting on street corner, being thrown out.
> >See nerds driving around with VAX in back of Golf. One is working on
> >    a terminal.
> >See nerds sweating profusely from heat.
> >See VAX sitting on corner again as Golf drives away.
> >
> >["Da da da..." ;-)]

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/