Subject: Re: New machine for Ragge (Was: Microvax 3100/30 KA45)
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/07/1998 19:49:49

> 	Hmmm, given that last I heard Ragge's 8600 died leaving him only a
> 	11/785 for compilation, is anyone interested in clubbing together
> 	to get a relatively small/fast vaxstation out to him to speed up
> 	his compiles? Maybe if we pick something thats not currently
> 	supported we can persuade him to port NetBSD to it as well? :)
>
> 	I picked up a VAXstation 3100/M38 a few weeks ago (3.8VUPS), I
> 	need to confirm that it works, its the only vax machine I have in
> 	the country, plus its already supported... but if it would help
> 	I'd be happy to ship it...
>
> 	Ragge - would you like some small vaxstation? :)

:-) Actually, I have faster machines, but it have over the years been
very easy to use those big old machines for compiling. We have had lots
of disk on them and there have never been any trouble with them.
So, i do have all those machines that I need, actually.

-- Ragge

PS. I tried to set up a cross-compile environment on a PPro 200
and it worked without too much problem. The programs I needed to play with
was as, cc, cc1, cpp, and ld to be able to compile kernels.