Subject: New machine for Ragge (Was: Microvax 3100/30 KA45)
To: Michael Sokolov <mxs46@po.CWRU.Edu>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/07/1998 10:00:40
	The MicroVAX 3100 M30 & M40 use the same CPU as the VAXstation
	4000 VLC, and are nearly 5 times the speed of the original 11/780.

	Its a pity NetBSD doesnt support it yet :(

	Hmmm, given that last I heard Ragge's 8600 died leaving him only a
	11/785 for compilation, is anyone interested in clubbing together
	to get a relatively small/fast vaxstation out to him to speed up
	his compiles? Maybe if we pick something thats not currently
	supported we can persuade him to port NetBSD to it as well? :)

	I picked up a VAXstation 3100/M38 a few weeks ago (3.8VUPS), I
	need to confirm that it works, its the only vax machine I have in
	the country, plus its already supported... but if it would help
	I'd be happy to ship it...

	Ragge - would you like some small vaxstation? :)

		David/abs

  -- "Its hard to say it... I hate to say it... but its probably me..." --