Subject: VS3100 disk boot error message
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Schuh <paul@the-nexus.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/07/1998 00:43:18
Howdy all, many thanks to this lists members who answered my questions
before I asked them. :-)

My Vaxstation 3100 M38 SPX is netbooting fine. I am trying to get the
system to boot from the scsi hard drive in the system. Everything seems
fine... 'disklabel -B sd0' doesn't complain, but when I get to the kernal
prompt, >>> and type 'b SDK100', I get the following error message:

-DKA100
howto 0x0, bdev 0x2a, booting...Boot failed, saerrno 2

Any ideas on how I should proceed in troubleshooting this problem? SHOW
DEV shows the following information:

VMS/VMB  ULTRIX  ADDR      DEVTYP  NUMBYTES  RM/FX  DEVNAM   REV
DKA100   RZ1     A/1/0/00  DISK    52.4 MB   FX     RZ22     0A18

TIA,
Paul