Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/06/1998 14:51:13
On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Jacob Suter wrote:

> it already is... 1.2G and 1.3 both support.
>
> I got it running here on eliteness.intrastar.net, 3100m30, 16mb ram,
> 100mb hd...
                           ^^^^^^^^^

Okay, yes I'm a cynical semi-old hand at this internet thing and maybe
it's wrong to mutter any words which might stifle the enthusiasm of
the already sparse collection of NetBSD/VAX advocates but... PLEEZE
"eliteness?" Dear god, when did running VAXen come into vogue with
EL1TE CRACKERZ?  I suppose in another year we'll be seeing VAX WaReZ ftp
sites!

Okay, no real harm intended.  I'd just never have thought that I'd see the
term "elite" used in conjuction with or in relation to a VAX.

-brian.
---