Subject: KA650 and v1.2C?
To: vax netbsd <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Harbour <bharbour@teleport.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/05/1998 21:59:02
Hi all,
I have a uVax II running version 1.2C successfully. I recently got a KA650
and 16 mb of RAM to go with it. When I swapped the CPU and RAM boards, the
system would not boot anymore. Actually it would not even bring up the
initial loader message before halting the CPU. I swapped the KA630 and
RAM back in and the system worked. I ran diagnostics on the KA650 and RAM,
and they all passed. Did version 1.2C have a problem with the KA650's?
The other hardware in the system is:
rqdx3 and an rd54
rx50
tk50 and I/F
dequna
8 port serial board (not configured or functional under 1.2C)
ka630 and 13mb RAM.

If the answer is going to version 1.3, where can I find it and the source
for it? I tried all the listed sources in the FAQ.

Thanks

Bob Harbour
bharbour@teleport.com