Subject: Problems booting 1.3Alpha
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Arthur <ARTHURDC@burridge.nscc.ns.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/26/1997 17:09:11
I'm sure I've done something wrong :-)

I put a clean RD54 in my uVAX and started to load 1.3Alpha. I built
the tape, ran edlabel and copy. At the third boot after copy I start
at >>> with b/3 mua0 and after the boot at the : prompt I type
ra(0,1)netbsd. The kernel boots and goes through identifying the
various components in the system. An error message saying 'warning:
no /dev/console' appears and thats it, the system hangs. Any hints ?

I copied the miniroot to my swap ( ra0b ) and use it as my boot and
dump as requested.  The kernel is 971103 21:01 1.3 Alpha

--
Dave Arthur
Business Department

CANADA