Subject: Re: TU58 protocol (Was Re: Newbie question)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <kshuff@fast.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/30/1997 16:58:43
Hi everyone,

  I dont know who was originally interested in a serial TU-58, but I have one, a dual drive external TU-58. Anyone that wants it please contact me by email, thanks.

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997 11:27:45 +0100 (MET)  Anders Magnusson wrote:

>> Does anyone have the specs for this protocol? If so, this opens up two
>>
>Yes, I have, it can also be found in the VAX Peripheral Handbook and
>called RSP (Radial Serial Protocol).  It's _very_ simple.
>

>> 1) The ability to use a PC as a fake TU58 drive to bootstrap a 750 or 730
>>
>Yes, but you need also a TU58 drive. A "normal" TU58 are connected into
>any serial port, but the internal one from a 750 isn't connected in
>the same way. So, you need to go out and find some old PDP diehard
>that still have one of the external TU58's. I don't think that you can
>find somewhere inside a 750 you can connect a serial port.
>
>I think a much better idea is to write a small PC program that can
>dump over programs via the console 'X' flag.
>
>-- Ragge

-Keith S. Huff

 kshuff@fast.net

 ** Any and all unsolicited email sent to this account will be charged a $50.00 fee and subject to collection.