Subject: Re: 1.2G weirdness
To: None <arno@usn.nl>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/30/1997 16:20:18
>From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
>
>> >After a while (and I haven't fond the trigger yet) I can still
>> >work on it OK, but stuff like 'ps' outputs some info and
>> >then goes to never-never land.. 'w' does output the load
>> >and some user-info, but also never returns after that.
>>
>> This sounds suspiciously like a problem I experienced on a VAXstation
>> 3100 (VS42A-BA).  If you let it sit in never-never land for 5 or 10
>> minutes, do you get a panic?
>
>I tried and the resut is a definite: YES
>
>Result:
>
>	Panic: pmap_remove: pmap not in pv_table
>	Stopped at  0x800a045b	*clr (r6)
>
>Soo...
>
>Que pasa?

Well, last I heard the entire VAX vm system was being rewritten from
scratch, and there was a good chance that this problem would go away
with the new code.  I haven't seen any announcement that the new code
had been pulled into the tree, but I haven't been following very
closely for a few weeks so it's possible I just missed it.

Ragge, will the new vm code be in 1.3?

Cheers,
entropy