Subject: Re: Newbie question
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kees Stravers <pb0aia@iaehv.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/30/1997 10:37:48
On 1997-10-29 tgpt@pas.rochester.edu said to port-vax@netbsd.org
   >>How to boot such a beast? The only way is to boot from the TU58
   >>tapes. A 730 cannot boot from directly from ethernet, but if the
   >>program loaded from the TU50 contains code to load a kernel via
   >>the network then it will work. But first, you must have a TU58
   >tape.
   >I was always told that about the 11/750 as well.

I got NetBSD on one by installing it on a RA81 with a uVAX II, and
then hooking up the RA81 to the 11/750. Unfortunately, that drive
has crashed later, so my 11/750 is unusable. I do have a RA70 from
a VS3500. Is it possible to connect a RA70 to the 11/750? Do the
cables from the 3500 and the 750 match? If so, i might try the same
trick again...

Kees

--

Kees Stravers - Geldrop, The Netherlands - pb0aia at amsat dot org
PC/Novell system management - DEC PDP-11/VAX preservationist

Net-Tamer V 1.08.1 - Registered