Subject: Re: next iteration
To: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/30/1997 01:09:46
> Allison J Parent wrote:
> >

> > I've given up on 1.1a and 1.2c and 1.2g, those from my perspective don't
> > work and are near impossible to install if you do have a PC running unix(I
> > don't). I've given up on getting freebsd/linux/netbsd running on the PCs
> > I have as they are old and either the CDrom is not supported or the
> > disksystem isn't working to the liking of the particular *nix.
> >

>   We had this discussion a long time ago; I did the install from RX50 using
> another uVax running Ultrix, but it was a real pain.

If someone of you out there are hoping that there will be a new nice
way to install things in 1.3; I must disappoint you. 1.3 will have
the same painful way to do installations. But my hope is that the
system in other ways will be more stable and functional than previous
versions; such that for example it won't crash on MicroVAX II when
booting it up. Any new features I have written will wait until
post-1.3, so that we get a system as stable as possible.

-- ragge