Subject: Re: Newbie question
To: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
From: Karl Maftoum <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/30/1997 10:19:20
On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Jacob Suter wrote:

> Nope, can't be done as far as I can tell, since VMS CDs aren't anything
> near being ISO9660-like, else one of these VS3100's would be running the

It's not just that, the whole fs is totally different (Files-11), you can
read the disks in a PC, and in fact we have a unfinished linux kernel
module that lets you do just that, it can mount/unmount etc no prob, just
haven't had the time to finish it :) It's on the linux-vax site if anyone
wants to do some more work on it
ftp://ftp.canberra.edu.au/pub/ise/linux-vax

Also as for netbooting VMS from a PC, that is also completely impossible,
I have managed to get the initial infoserver load up, but since the PC
cannot emulate infoserver protocols , it simply won't work.

Cheers
Karl

Karl Maftoum
Computer Engineering Student at the University of Canberra, Australia

Email: k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au

I am getting very sick of getting SPAM..... I won't retaliate, I just
won't buy your product, and will recommend others to do the same.