Subject: Re: vax troubles :( (also read the ps)
To: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/1997 18:44:51
> > le0: lost carrier
>
> If this is a 3100 you've probably go too much memory in it.
>
> Take out all but 16.

That was with it stripped all the way to 4mb... it had 16mb on the board
but would panic when configuring the network...

I'm *hoping* I can just clean up the board and it come back to proper
working order..  I got another idle vs3100 and plugged it in and all was
well..

Does anyone know of a source for 3100/M76's cheapish?  I'd like one
myself and a few friends are now interested in vax....

Thanks
JS

PS (-aux) - Has anyone ever used a Plextor PX-63CS to boot VMS?  I'm
trying to boot it and all I am getting are halt errors on the dkb
controller...  I'm gonna take the external case/cable out of the picture
and mount the CD in the case (I can't put a case on that one, has a
5.25" fh hard drive in it now - I gotta get some smaller/larger hds :)

Now I'm really gone :)