Subject: RE: Newbie question
To: 'NetBSD/VAX list' <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/1997 11:20:05
The URL for the FAQ is http://vaxine.bitcon.no/

Daniel asked what a VAX can be used for. Well, the above URL points to a
MicroVAX II (~1 VUPS) with all of 9MB RAM running NetBSD/vax (of course)
in 24/7/365 production as a Web server.

These machines are the most solid hardware built by anyone, anywhere,
anytime. You could drop these things from a third floor window and and
they'd still run.

If you visit the FAQ pages you'll find a link to pictures of vaxine and
some background info.

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2