Subject: Re: Newbie question
To: None <"allisonp@world.std.com"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 29-Oct-1997 0813 +0000 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/1997 10:08:18
"allisonp@world.std.com" "Allison J Parent" writes:

> A 730 can boot via the eithernet using DEC mop protocal.  I believe serial
> DDCMP lines are supported as well.

I don't think that any of the VAX-11/7xx series can be MOP loaded: as far as I
know, the BOOT58 code does not support it. Of course, I don't have an 11/7xx
here to try this on so I could be wrong.

I would be amazed if it supported booting over a synch or asynch DDCMP.

On a VAX-11/730 with no access to a disk drive, your only option is TU58, AFAIK
- and having used TU58 on a VAX-11/750, I know how bad that is!

> I would think if Netbsd runs on a 750, a 730 should fly well too.

The CPU is quite different, so if it works it's plain luck.

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England