Subject: Re: Newbie question
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: James E. Carpenter <jimc@zach1.tiac.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/1997 01:23:28
> > had my doubt about the stories I have heard about there being enough gold
> > to be worth something.  I have been told there is $1500 worth of gold in
> > one.
>
>   Well...I can vouch for it...an acquaintance of mine is a very rich
> man because of it...He scraps large IBM gear, like 3090-style
> stuff...and some older VAX gear as well.

That bastard! (excuse my language :-)

> > Hmm... well, it was mentioned to me by someone (Jim maybe?) that he had
> > found several people who had '730s.  Now if one of those people has alot of
> > time on their hands and the expertise to do it...
>
>   Yup.

I didn't mention it either. Maybe the message wasn't CC'd to the list. But
there apparently are a number of 730 owners out there seeing that a number
of different people have asked the list if NetBSD was supported.

Of course if you can scrap your 11/730 and make some money then maybe that
will change. :-(

- Jim

--
James E. Carpenter                               E-Mail: jimc@zach1.tiac.net