Subject: Re: Newbie question
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Nevyn <snowcrash@usa.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/28/1997 23:10:39
>  Some of the components are interchangeable...But bear in mind that
>the 11/750 processor cabinet is the size of a washing machine, and an
>11/780 is *large*...like 5 feet tall, 5 feet wide, 3 feet deep.

The physical size isn't too important to me... what would be more important
to me would be the power draw.  Also the usability.  If I am going to get
no more use from an 11/750 than my 11/730, then there is no point in
bothering looking for something diffrent.  If I can however use some of the
components I have and end up with a machine that I can not only learn on,
but put to some kind of use, then it would be worth the trouble to me.
Though all in all, I have no clue what I will do with one.  Anyone got a
good suggestion?

>  NetBSD/vax does *not* support the 11/730.  Period.  The 11/750 cpu
>is very, very different from the '730.  There may, however, be support
>for the '730 in the future.

You mentioned earlier that there might be enough people out there with
'730s to create interest in a port.  Is this a guess or is there some more
info you can share with us?

	Daniel Daley