Subject: Re: VS3100/M30 fixed kernel?
From: Brian Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/18/1997 22:17:08
On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Jacob Suter wrote:

> > My next question is predictable.  What's your VS3100/M30 got in the way of
> > a controller board?
>
> dual SCSI board...  it looks like its wide scsi at the controller and
> standard 50-pin at the drive - is this an illusion (Digital is good at
> that) or for real?

Check in http://www.carpediem.com/~brianc/projects/vaxen/netboot/ for a
file named netbsd-12G-PIO.gz.  This is basically a generic 1.2G kernel
compiled from early July 97 sources with the PIO SCSI mods.

I'm working on building a simillar kernel from the current sources.  I
haven't looked really closely yet, but some basic grepping of the current
sources didn't turn up the auto-detecting SCSI config code (at least not
based on diagnostic messages incorporated in the friendly kernel).  I
suppose it is possible that the verbosity could have been eliminated in an
official inclusion, so I guess I'll be reading some code later.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --