Subject: Re: VS3100/M30 fixed kernel?
From: Brian Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/18/1997 12:12:12
On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, maximum entropy wrote:
> >From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>

> >Also, are there any problems with Ultra scsi or large SCSI drives?

> I don't think Ultra would be a problem, it should simply default to
> the lowest common denominator supported by the cntroller.

I've used Ultra-wide SCSI drives on SGI's which only support fast narrow
SCSI :-)  Not that that's entirely relevant to original question, but I've
found that newer SCSI drives tend to be fairly tolerant of older SCSI
controllers.  I was surprised by this, but maybe backwards compatiblity is
specified in the newer standards?  I guess I should browse the SCSI FAQ.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --