Subject: PDPss's revisited
To: 'port-vax@netbsd.org' <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Evans <paule@martex.gen.oh.us>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/15/1997 00:44:08
There's currently binary snapshots of UNIX V5,V6,V7 (w/ free SCO license =
no less) on ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/sim

Which is where the PDP simulator also lives.  There are also binary =
releases of RT-11, Nova RDOS, PDP8 LISP (I think), and PDP OS8 (which =
all run on the simulator (it's multi-platform)

And even more off topic:
Bob Supnik (author of the simulator) tells me that he hopes to release =
freely licensed binary distributions of RSTS and RSX by the end of the =
year.

The Pdp Unix Preservation Society (PUPS) is at =
http://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/PUPS/  (it apparently has members too ;))

There is such thing as ELKS on PDP11 (Embeddable Linux Kernel Subset) =
Although, I can't see physical proof on there site at =
http://www.linux.org.uk/ELKS-Home/index.html (Thanks to Allison Parent =
for pointing this out)

All in All, I believe that an 11/73 could run NetBSD barebones. (forget =
X, and even emacs) But, for fun alone I'd port it. (If I only had a =
working PDP) (The simulator is probably enough though, maybe I will =
after all)

Can anyone tell me for sure what an 11/93 is?

	-Paul