Subject: Re: PDP11 unix
From: Brian Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/14/1997 09:22:34
On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, David Evans wrote:

>   You and John have to stop--you're making me want to take up my PDP-11
> search again.  And I've been told that I'm not allowed to bring home any more
> old DEC machines...

Well, now we're getting wildly off-topic but it's nice to see traffic in
port-vax...  I exchanged some e-mail with a guy over the weekend who had
just sold off all his J11 boards, he scrapped all his F11 boards for the
trace gold, he traded in all his disk packs for aluminum scrap, and then
he shredded all the documentation for the stuff.  Ack.  This was done
just last Friday.

---
The following is a post about a system which could still perhaps benefit
from rescue.