Subject: Re: blinking tk50 -> dead??
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
From: David Bobart <bobart@dmatech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/03/1997 11:55:52
>Are you brave? TK50's have a common failing - the metal fish tape leader
>used to grab and feed the tape in the cartridge. If you are comfortable
>with it, take the metal cage off the top of the drive, then check to
>make sure the fish tape is hooked onto both the reel and a standoff
>where the head of the tape would be. That's the only thing I've ever
>seen that caused the quickflash.
>
>--
>J. Buck Caldwell
>
>               Engineer - Technical Support - Webmaster
>Polygon, Inc.         email:buck_c@polygon.com   phone: (314) 432-4142
>PO Box 8470            http://www.polygon.com/     fax: (314) 997-9696
>St. Louis, MO 63132     ftp://ftp.polygon.com/     bbs: (314) 997-9682

Thanks, I actually looked inside and compared what I found to the diagram I
have and it looked fine. I will have to take it apart to see if thats
actually the case. Anyone know when booting from CDRom was first supported
in VAX firmware? I have a 3100/30 and it can't boot from CDRom it seems.
Also, anyone seen any good deals on Qbus SCSI controllers. The Al's attic
website mentioned previously on the list wants several hundred dollars for
this hardware.

-Dave Bobart