Subject: vaxstation 4000 vlc and NetBSD
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <fandino@usa.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/15/1997 00:40:27
Hello!

I'm trying to install netbsd over a vaxstation 4000 vlc but I'm unable
to boot from tape. I have created two tapes as estated in the faq (from
vms) but when i try to boot from the first one it doesn't go, after a
while the boot prompt comes back. The only msg I obtaing is "-MKA400"
showing the tape is used to boot.

The files I have copied to tape are tk50-file1-12c-970225 and
tk50-file2-12c-970225. I have used the command COPY to do it (I'm not sure about
this being ok).

I have the vs connected to a lan so it will be possible to bootnet it,
but it looks too dificult.

I would apreciate any help that let me install netbsd (really I would
like to know if anybody have installed netbsd over a vs4000 ok).

Thank you.

	- Salvador

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com