Subject: Free VS3100's
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/06/1997 02:36:11
Sorry for the lack of personal replies, I wanted to answer all
inquiries with one message...

So far I have had a few replies indicating interest in acquiring one
of the VS3100's that I offered up for free a day or two ago.

However, none of the responses have said anything like "If you give me
one of the machines I'll do such and such for NetBSD."  My reasoning
behind offering up these machines is to benefit the entire NetBSD-vax
community by having someone actively supporting work on this
architecture -- that is, I'm not just looking to clear out some space
in my apartment by getting rid of some old hardware.

So, it's very important that you indicate *why* you want the
machines... if you've already responded, please reply again and just
say a few words about what you plan to do with the hardware, and also
what work (if anything) you have already contributed to NetBSD-vax.
If you haven't responded yet, there's still time...

One more thing, keep in mind I only have three of these machines.  My
decision about who gets one will probably end up being somewhat
arbitrary.  I may be getting some more and I may be willing to give
away more than one machine even if I don't get more -- but I'm only
planning on paying shipping on one of them and I'm definitely keeping
at least one for myself.

Cheers,
entropy