Subject: Re: VS3100 M76
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/05/1997 00:34:57
It's probably worth noting that Bertram, the key contributer to the VS3100
support, does development on a Model 76.  Some differences have shown up
in the past between the M30/M38 and M76 so I imagine there are probably a
few more lingering around.  No fault of Bertram's of course :-)

-brian.

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, maximum entropy wrote:

> I just got a brand new (well, to me at least) VS3100 M76 (VS43-A).

> I thought it worth mentioning two things:
>
> 1.  The PIO kludge I posted about earlier isn't necessary on this
> hardware -- SCSI DMA seems to work OK.  Happy happy, joy joy...
>
> 2.  The ps(1) panic I reported (PR port-vax/4043) does not occur on
> this machine.  So my guess is that there's some difference in the
> memory mapping hardware between these two systems that the pmap module
> isn't aware of.

Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --