Subject: VS3100 M76
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/05/1997 01:08:21
Hi!

I just got a brand new (well, to me at least) VS3100 M76 (VS43-A).
Since this is a faster machine than the VS42-AA (Model 38?) I was
previously using, I swapped my netbsd disk into the new machine.

I thought it worth mentioning two things:

1.  The PIO kludge I posted about earlier isn't necessary on this
hardware -- SCSI DMA seems to work OK.  Happy happy, joy joy...

2.  The ps(1) panic I reported (PR port-vax/4043) does not occur on
this machine.  So my guess is that there's some difference in the
memory mapping hardware between these two systems that the pmap module
isn't aware of.

Cheers,
entropy