Subject: Re: VT240 resolution/X?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/24/1997 20:48:11
On August 21, you wrote:
> I have a VT240 terminal (color) and would like to know what the resolution
> is.  Also can it be used as a X terminal somehow with Netbsd Vax 1.1a?

  The VT240's resolution is 768x240.  It uses the ReGIS protocol
(Remote Graphics Instruction Set) to display graphic elements on its
display.  If your terminal is color, it's actually a VT241.  The
monitor alone makes the difference.

  As an all-points-addressable graphical device, it is theoretically
possible to port X to it...but since it's a serial-only device and is
very, very slow, such a thing would probably only be useful as an
exercise...not for practical use.

  It's a *very* fine terminal, though...one of my personal favorites.

  Hope this helps...

                                -Dave McGuire
                                 mcguire@neurotica.com