Subject: Re: Where to get snapshot/boot.mopformat
To: Scott Statton N1GAK <scotts@cluon.com>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/16/1997 23:52:00
Scott Statton N1GAK wrote:

> Thanks- I eventually found your website and got my files ... I'm
> successfully running the 1.2D on a KA410 ... (Question: How come you
> have the 1.2D kernel instead of the 1.2G?  Applied Laziness, or is there some
> compelling reason not to run ..G)

  1.2G has this tendency to die a *lot* complaining about <something--can't
recall> while no process active.  I couldn't even get a full installation
going on my uVax since it dies while tar is unpaking various bits of /usr.  I
don't have enough disks to run 1.2C (what a nightmare that was!) and test 1.2G
at the same time so I can't put any help towards fixing the bug. :(

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/