Subject: Problems with the MSCP code
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas S. Traylor <ttraylor@titan.cs.mci.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/08/1997 08:15:47
I was attempting to compile 1.2-Current yesterday and the compile made
it all the way to mscp.c before it died.  I had added the option
AVOID_EMULEX_BUG to my config file.  This in turned cause code in
mscp.c (mscp_requeue) not to compile. Here is the section that didn't
compile:

#ifdef AVOID_EMULEX_BUG
        /*
         * ... and clear the index-to-buffer table.
         */
        for (unit = 0; unit < AEB_MAX_BP; unit++)
                mi->mi_bp[unit] = 0;
#endif

First of all, AEB_MAX_BP is not defined any where.  At one time it was
defined in mscpvar.h.  It was set to a value of 32.  Also mi->mi_bp is
not a member of the structure mscp_info.  This too was defined in
mscpvar.h.

I would like to use AVOID_EMULEX_BUG because I'm trying to get a
UC04/M controller to work.  Has this feature (AVOID_EMULEX_BUG) been
done away with?

I also noticed that the verion numbers of mscp.c and mscpvar.h that
contains AEB_MAX_BP is newer than the version that I supped yesterday.
Is there a problem with NetBSD/vax current?

Just wondering.
Tom

--
Thomas Traylor