Subject: Re: More VS2000 booting problems
To: Oscar Oberg <Oscar.Oberg@abc.se>
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/30/1997 10:01:25
On Fri, 30 May 1997, Oscar Oberg wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 1997, Brian D Chase wrote:

> > Oooh. Enhanced in what respect?  Something like Linux's LILO?
> LILO? Enhanced? You must be joking. :)

Well okay, so I was at a loss in trying to figure out what an enhanced
bootloader would provide.  LILO is the one readily available bootloader
I've got experience with.  Besides it's not *that* bad.

I did put some thought into what an enhanced bootloader could offer
though: e-mail, newsreader, and web browser.  Or perhaps just a web
browser with e-mail and news incorporated into it.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --