Subject: Re: More VS2000 booting problems
To: Dan Gardner <wiggy@praxis.co.uk>
From: Karl Maftoum <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/1997 12:44:00
On Wed, 28 May 1997, Dan Gardner wrote:

> OK, I have got down all the stuff needed to boot my VS2000, built a
> linux box with mopd etc.
>
> Now when I try to boot the VS2000 off esa0, I get the Bootfile: prompt
> and on the linux box (from an strace'd mopd and a moptrace) I can see
> the VS2000 sending loads of requests for a mop package, but nothing ever
> gets back to the Vax. On the Vax, I get:

Ok, if you run mopd -d -a do you see any request packets?

Secondly the mopboot file on the Linux box should be named
MOPBOOT.SYS in /tftpboot/mop/ (the capitalisation is important)

Do you have multicasting on in the kernel?

Also did you try ifconfig eth0 allmulti ?

Let me know please!!

Cheers
Karl

Karl Maftoum
Computer Engineering Student at the University of Canberra, Australia

Email: k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au