Subject: Need manual(s)!
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/27/1997 09:44:32
Bruce Lane writes:
> 	In the interests of installing NetBSD on a system I have here, I could
> really use technical manuals for the following gear:
>
> 	VAXStation II/GPX (BA123 enclosure), OR:
> 	MicroVAX II in the BA123 box (I already have docs for the BA23 box).
> 	RQDX3 disk controller (EK-RQDX3-UG or EK-RQDX3-TM)

I have one of these RQDX3 docs, IIRC it's the TM. But IMHO it's
not very helpful. It doesn't give details about how this controller
works or needs to be programmed. Just some schemata how busses are
organized and that. 30 pages of paper for almost 100DM...

> 	Also, out of curiousity: How well does NetBSD support the DEC VCB02 video
> system used in the VAXStation?

Not at all. There's a qvss/qdss(?) driver in 4.4BSD which is said to
be portable to NetBSD, also I've heard that the DECstation's driver
might be used/ported, but as far as I know nobody ever succeeded in
doing the one or the other.

Ciao,
	bertram