Subject: Re: Dead Serial on VS-2000
To: None <kevinw@why.net, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Young <young@ecn.purdue.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/17/1997 07:15:06
-> I have come to the conclusion that my VS-2000 has a dead serial port...

-> Is there any way I can plug a terminal into a different port, I read a
-> message somewhere about the
-> fact that the VS-2000 actually has 4 serial ports.

	The "normal" serial console port for the VS2000 is the "printer"
port, a DB-15 connector as I recall. Since mine has a blown printer port,
I had to generate a kernel which used the "comm" port, a DB-25, for the
console. It works fine.

	The other two serial ports are normally reserved for keyboard
and mouse. At least that's what netbsd expects to find there.

	I had this custom V1.1 kernel available on an anonymous FTP site
until I screwed up my system and had to start over :-( That bit of pain
is almost over, and I will soon have at again available at
ftp://vs2k.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/netbsd/vs2kbsd.  But give me a few days to
get the loose ends tied up.

-> Kevin Williams

|   Mike Young     young@purdue.edu     Purdue University ECE Dept.     |
|   W. Lafayette, IN 47907-1285    http://dynamo.ecn.purdue.edu/~young/ |