Subject: Re: Finding out parameters for edlabel.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/08/1997 22:40:28
David Evans wrote:
>   I used the values from the Ultrix disktab, which I found by doing an
> Altavista search for RD32 and disktab.  Haven't tested it yet because my second
> miniroot floppy was bad.

Well, that seemed to imply it is for a UDA50.  I have an RQDX3.  I am
not sure that they work in the same way.  Besides, I'd like a general
method because who knows what drives I'll be using in the future.

>   I didn't have much luck with putr last night, trying to use it to write RX33
> images (I hadn't grabbed rawwrite yet.)  I kept getting syntax errors, even
> though the command looked good to me...

You can use anything to write a RX33.  I think even debug could do it.
I have rawrite.exe, so if you want me to e-mail it to you just ask me.

BTW.  I can't beleive this.  I just formated one of the RD53s from my
uVAX on my VS2000 and incredibly I see "VSfmt_STS_BBRvec := 0".  This
looks like the drive has no bad blocks!   It even spins up every time.
(I'm ignoring the manufacturer's label now.)  I think this drive now
goes in the VS2000 and I can then install NetBSD on it.   Finally!

						Boris Gjenero