Subject: Re: Out of memory
To: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/05/1997 20:40:45
On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, A. Sporner wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the same on BSD, but the large Sequents that I have
> put together (> 16 processor) do this only for documentation purposes so that
> you don't accidentally create filesystems on swap slices on the disks.

In the case of netbsd, this serves more than documentation purposes.
This is also how you automatically add swap partitions on boot.
See swapon(8).

> ...Dynix will stripe swap allocations accross
> all available swap devices.  Maybe this is not a bad evolitionary direction
> for Netbsd?

NetBSD already does this. Just configure the swap devices in your
kernel (`swap on sd0 and sd1 and sd2', for example) and add them
to your /etc/fstab.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'