Subject: Re: mop loadaddr and SCB
To: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/1997 13:00:23
On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Bertram Barth wrote:

> It might be that my problems with mopboot/LANCE/if_le.c on 3100/76
> (crashes with SCB2NDINT) are related to the fact that mopboot when
> loaded at addr 0x00 overwrites SCB located at 0x6800.
>
> Is it enough (as a quick and dirty hack) to set "loadaddr" in mopaout.c
> to some fixed value or are there other dependencies?
> What's the best/easiest way to make the mopboot image being loaded
> at some other address?

Since mopd now supports a.out, there is no reason to run mopa.out on boot.
Instead copy boot to the mop directory, you might want to rename it to
mopboot. Now mopd will use the values from the a.out header (mopchk will
show them).

> Ciao,
> 	bertram

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)