Subject: QDSS X support
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/31/1997 18:07:18
  Hello, everyone.
  I've just spent the past month tinkering with a MicroVAX II I got, and am
finally happily running NetBSD 1.2 with some pieces current.  Most of my wasted
time was with futzing around with a TK50Z drive trying to write out boot tapes,
and trying to figure out why my RQDX3 had died (turned out to be a hosed RS53).
But now I'm all together and am merily compiling a new kernel so I can use my
Dilog SQ706A disk controller.  It was nice to see the code I stuck in the
PMAX console driver back in the 4.3Reno days still around, but that's another
story.
  I can likely get a QDSS board set pretty easily, and was looking through the
list archives to see what people had to say about support for it.  Has anyone
dug into the X11R6 server to see about integrating the driver?  Does the driver
work yet?  It's not a ton of work to go get the board set, plug them in, and
try it, but I figured I'd ask first.

--
David Evans              (NeXTMail OK)              dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/