Subject: Up and running.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/17/1997 19:22:55
Hello Group,

Well finally I am up and running.  I am using the 1.1 kernel.  The system
has been up for almost four days without incident.  I use NFS to get to
my Sequent.

I know that many have gone through the pain of "supping" to get a new
kernel built and various results.  Has anyone actually done any kind
of documenting on how this is done?

I want to move forward because of troubles with the TK-50 (hard errors).
I know the drive is good because I loaded from it but doing a simple
DD to /dev/null does not work.  I am going to guess that this is
probably going to be attributed to the old MSCP code.  Now that I have
two vaxen I will put the source on the NFS machine and use two machines
to make the build run faster.

Thanks to all of you who helped me get this far!

Regards

Andy

P.S.  What group do you have to belong to in order to 'su - root'?  I
belong to "wheel" is that not enough?