Subject: Re: mop booting of vs2000
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/1997 14:34:45
On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> I think that the Sun3 people have good knowledge about how to make
> a Linux box work as server for diskless workstations. Actually,
> Sun3 uses exactly the same way to boot diskless except for the initial
> MOP loading of boot.

For more information on this side of things, find a package called
`Xkernel' for the Sun 3. There is a linux-specific version of it
that contains very detailed instructions on how to netboot a Sun
3 from a Linux machine. Booting NetBSD on a VAX is basically
identical except for the initial MOP load (rather than TFTP load).

I've just committed mopd to the NetBSD source tree, so anyone
getting a new set of userland sources after today will get it.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates