Subject: Re: mop booting of vs2000
To: Stephen PEARCE <spearce@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/1997 10:41:24
> Hi...
> 	The recent comments on the group about booting
> the vs2000 using mop sounds encouraging.
>
> 	Unfortunately I've only got the one dec box .. the
> vs2000 ... I have acquired mopd for linux and compiled it ..
> but don't know if / and / or how I can use this to boot the vs2000

Yes, it can be used, but I know that there has been some trouble with
bootparams and NFS export for diskless workstations under Linux.
I think that the Sun3 people have good knowledge about how to make
a Linux box work as server for diskless workstations. Actually,
Sun3 uses exactly the same way to boot diskless except for the initial
MOP loading of boot.

> 	Thank you to anyone who takes the time to describe this
> to a embreyonic vax netbsd'er! Maybe worth putting in a future faq if you do?

It would be very good if some Linux guy could try to install this
and document every step needed, so that it can be put up on the FAQ.

-- Ragge