Subject: RE: Bad sector troubles.
To: Ari Suutari <ari.suutari@ps.carel.fi>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/13/1997 11:12:37
> 	Is there any documentation available on this MFM controller ?
> 	I would also be interested in working with the driver but
> 	without any docs there is not much that can be done.

The documentation of the MFM controller is part of the
"MicroVAX 2000 and VAXstation 2000 Technical Manual".
I could copy the relevant pages and send them. Just drop
me a note with your address and I'll do it.

OTOH most of the important things should already be defined
in hdc9224.h and hdc9224.c respectively. IIRC the struct which
defines the on-disk information for sector remapping is also
defined there (This info is not in the technical manual!). So
as a first reference these files could be a good starting point...

Ciao,
	bertram