Subject: VS2000 and NetBSD-current
To: 'port-vax@netbsd.org' <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ari Suutari <ari.suutari@ps.carel.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/31/1997 14:43:10
Hi everyone,

	I grabbed the NetBSD-current sys.tar.gz (about week or
	two ago) and compiled it on MicroVAX II. Seems to boot ok.

	I also compiled the boot blocks and another kernel with
	VS2000 devices in it. I put the boot blocks and the kernel
	to a rx33 floppy and tried to boot my VS2000 with it.

	After saying "B DUA2" boot block loads, /boot gets loaded
	and starts loading /netbsd. However, after kernel is loaded
	there is no signs of life after 'start at <address>' message.

	My console is a terminal connected to serial port, since
	I don't have a graphics monitor for the workstation.

	Am I trying something that should not work at all ?

		Ari S.

Hei! Puhumme myos suomea!
Carelcomp Forest Oy        Ari Suutari
53850 Lappeenranta         mailto:ari.suutari@carel.fi
FINLAND                    +358 05 669 5012