Subject: Re: How to Add Third Disk Controller???
To: Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/11/1997 12:50:47

> I want to add a third disk controller to my kernel.

Ok, here we take the story: I don't think that it is possible
to add more disks at all on kernels older than 1.2A. This is because
of a real ugly hack to support old config style in the uda routines.
If you put in a third disk controller, you probably don't get any
support code for it at all, and if you get I don't think it works.
Check the file mkoldconf.awk, there you can see what happens. But
it lacks code in uda.c also, I think...
The solution is to compile a kernel out of -current, it should
work now.

-- Ragge